Wednesday, February 12, 2014

After The First Day of Internship (Warning: This is a very long post)

So, after the internship that I've done on Monday, I came home with lots of disappointment to myself.
I know that actually I can do more than what I did that day!! But because I was too 'proud' of myself with my almost-8-years-being-a-Sunday-School-teacher experience, the final result for today isn't that good. Well,
actually the score was great for an amateur. But still, the disappointment is haunting me all day long after I left the school.

And when I reached home, my mom came home after her day at bible school (yes! my mom is in college like me). She said to me that the way I dressed today was not fit in.
As a teacher, ponytail is the formal one, and I was pinned my hair at one side, just like what I did when I went to class as a student. After I get dressed and all makeup was set up, I felt very confident about my internship. But, the reality is very different than what I was expecting.

Second, my mom reminded me about the way I talk.
As a teacher, I should go slower on my speed. My character is the sanguine, or sometime people called it the 'class clown'. Sanguine is the one with the spirit for making the place a lil bit more crowded and happier. We have problem with our speed in talking. I realize this problem before today. I tried to talk slower, as slow as I could.

And when I was outside of the class, I should pay attention the clothes that I'm wearing and the accessories. Example: when I'm at Guangzhou, I'm a student. So I'm wearing what people wearing there as a student. Maybe jeans and tee or high-waist short featuring a blue superman tee and blue convers and a simple black back pack. But in here, people starting to notice me as a teacher even though I'm not officially and legally a teacher. So, I can't just wandering in the city wearing those student costume and say hi to my students like I am a student too.

So, people start to notice about what I do for a living in the future (that will be started at July). Sometimes I enjoy the spotlight, being the subject that people see and heard their 'wows' on my ears that sounds like a very beautiful song for my heart and a comfort for my soul. But when they noticing me as a teacher, my soul just jumped out and scream.... Maybe I look very calm outside, but believe me, I was screaming inside like a kid who lost his lollipop.

And this is what I learnt, PEOPLE START NOTICING YOU FROM THE JOB YOU CHOOSE FOR A LIVING.

Keep spread the love, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment